Ok, so I am reading this first chapter and this thought came to my mind: I really like reading the Book of Mormon because it talks so much about Jesus Christ. Even this 1st chapter where Nephi is giving us an introduction to this record he can't but help to mention Jesus. And I love him for it.
What is also interesting is how he describes how the Lord looks. He is described as a Pillar of Fire and also as one Who's luster is above the sun at noon-day. Yesterday I had the opportunity to look over the ocean on a dark overcast, windy and chilly evening. And as we rushed to pack up all our things before the sand and wind stripped the flesh from out skins, I stood with my mom for a minute, next to the car and looked out over that vast ocean.
What caught our eye was the glistening water at the edge of the world. The sun broke through the clouds there and illuminated the water with a dancing glow and dazzling sparkels. We couldn't help it. We stood there entranced by its beauty.
I noted that the dark contrast of the sullen sky and the cold water made this ray of sunshine all the more prettier and fascinating to watch. And so this is how I might envious our Savior, especially in this world we live in. We are filled with so much hate, resentment and desire to hurt one another. We revel in lustful living and seek comfort in phrase such as, "Well they are doing it too, so I must be okay." "It's really okay if you look at it from this angel." or "I tried and that is what all I was suppose to do."
Point is this: we live in a dark world. We are children of light. We are drawn to light. And when the Savor of this world stands before us He will be even more amazing than those dancing lights of ray on the edge of the world. He will be much closer to us and we will feel that fiery burning glory upon our faces.
And remember: The best sunblock for heavenly flames is righteousness.
Latherup. This is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
P.S. In case you didn't know, I love the Lord Jesus Christ will all my heart and want to be found worthy before Him in my last days. And I know I have weakness but I am working towards becoming clean and being more like He is.
-Brandon Fegenbush
Favorite Verse: 20
"And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had acastout, and stoned, and slain; and they also bsought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of ddeliverance."
No comments:
Post a Comment